Driving on long distance vacation trip, water belt/pulley broke(at mileage of around 57,000 miles) which triggered the engine malfunction, service and temperature lights.Pulled the car over, turned off and removed the broken belt which was dragging the ground.

Broke down within a few miles of an airport car rental so were able to slowly drive less than 25 mph to keep from overheating, park and swap to a rental car for the week for the fee of $236 while car was towed to carmax which forwarded the car to a kia dealership for repairs. Repairs on the water pump, belts and crank seal ran $700.

Kia called back with a customer service number which explained that the repair cost was considered a maintenance cost and not a warranty issue.Would recommend anyone with a Kia have your belts replaced at 55k miles as part of maintenance cost to avoid this kind of unpleasant surprize.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of kia motors warranty. Kia Motors needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kia motors warranty in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Kia Motors. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Mitsubishi.

Had an Experience with Kia Motors?

Comments