1.5

Update by user Oct 07

The customer service is horrible and they are not willing to help. They have an attitude and will not let you talk. They are very unwilling to help.

Original review posted by user Oct 07

For the past few years I have had the paint chip on my car. Every time I would take it in to my kia dealership or give them a call they told me there was nothing they can/will do for me and I will have to pay out of pocket and when I asked for an estimate they said it will be thousands of dollars to get the affected areas fixed.

When I first took my Kia in about 3 years ago I was still in warranty and Kia would not do anything. Over the years the chipping has gotten worse and had happened to more areas. There is many blogs about how this specific color is chipping and Hyundai is having the same issue. Last Monday September, 30 2019 I called the Kia dealership and then told me I need to call Kia consumer.

When I gave them a call they told me there is a case open in regards to this issue going on and they are only going to fix the affected areas and not re paint the whole car. My biggest concern is if they don’t re paint the whole car it’s going to keep happening. I explained my concern and they told me if In the future it continues to happen they will discuss what they may do. I’m wanting to see how many people are affected and how many people Kia is taking care of.

I want them to make things right and stop what is going on.

I will take this as far as I have to. I want this issue resolved and my paint fixed and it to not keep chipping.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2013 Kia Motors Optima Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Kia Motors Pros: There is no pros.

Kia Motors Cons: Paint flaking problem ignored by kia personnel et al, Defective part, Lack of respect, Run around.

• Kia Customer Assistance