I have a 2012 Kia optima SLX turbo and absolutely love my car.My steering wheel recently has made a clunking noise when the car is at a stop position and you turn the steering wheel right to left.

Found out there was a recall and in order to have it taken care of had to take it to the Kia dealership............. Unfortunately our area only has one dealership and that is the Kia of Palm Springs. Horrendous customer service. First of all called to schedule an appointment with the service department and after five phone calls and the last one being put on hold for the fifth time and finally gave up after 15 minutes.

Called the Hyundai dealership and found out I could make an appointment online. So I did. Appointment was made on Tuesday, July 11 for Monday, July 17 at 9 AM. Took the car in at 8:40 AM this morning July 17.

After waiting quite a while I was finally able to talk to the service manager who informed me that it would take at least five hours and that they would give me a call. At 2:48 I had still not received a call so my husband called and was informed that the car would not be done until 5 PM. Arrived at the dealership approximately 4:45 and was informed that my car was not ready as it had not even been touched. My car at this point had been at the dealership for eight hours.

After discussing with the service manager that I would have to work tomorrow he said that he would give me a rental car for a day. I informed the manager that I had to be at work by noon the next day and he said it was highly unlikely that my car would be ready by then. He informed me I could plan on picking it up on Wednesday. While I was talking to the service manager a young lady had received another call and I could tell from the conversation that the customer she was speaking with was not happy either as they were having to discuss a rental car.

Apparently the customer hung up on the young lady and she turned and looked at the service manager and said that lady is really pissed and hung up on me. I am in management and customer service and have to say that this is some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I can honestly say that as long as I live in the Palm Springs area I will never buy another Kia.The thought of having to deal with the Kia dealership is too stressful.

Review about: Kia Motors Car Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Kia Motors?

Comments