Update by user Jul 02, 2013

It is now three months since I have been able to leave my home.I was contacted by a person from Kia Motors CDO who said that Kia wou;d come and pick up the vehicle and take it to their Ozamis facility and if it couldn't be repaired then he would take it back to CDO for repair.

That was 2 weeks ago and despite trying to contact him on two occasions, he is suddenly not available.

Thanks to those three people who called the post ***, all I can say is come and walk in my shoes, from being a disabled but independent 68 year old, I have started to lose contact with the world, not the media world but the people I know and love.Hopefully will act honorably in this matter so I can Quit complaining and get on with my life

Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2013

I purchased a Carnival Sports Utility privately in October of 2012. The vehicle had originally been sold by Kia Motors in Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao, Philippines, where I lived at the time. In March my wife and I moved from Cagayan de Oro to Labason, also in Mindanao. My local dealership changed to Kia in Dipolog, Zamboanga del Norte. at the end of March I contacted Kia Motors in Dipolog as my vehicle would start then stop after a few minutes and I needed Kia expertise. Fred the manager needed to contact his manager to check on the cost of getting my vehicle to Dipolog and when he rang back he gave it to me. He also asked for my chassis number as his boss wanted to confirm it was a vehicle they could repair. I asked what he meant and he explained that they had a database of vehicles they would not attempt to repair. I gave him the chassis number and also sent him pictures of the vehicle. Fred's next call was to tell me that they would not be able to undertake repairs as our chassis number had come up as surplus and imported. I asked what my options were and he politely told me it wasn't his problem and made no suggestions.

I Then tried to contact Kia in the Philippines because I wanted some questions answered, I posted them on their facebook page and received no response, I then posted the same questions in an contact form on their website. A couple of days I got an answer saying thanks for getting our attention, could you please send your vehicles chassis number and we will get back to you with our feedback. That was over four weeks ago and despite sending another email about three weeks ago I have heard nothing.

I have a number of gripes

1. Different policies at different dealerships, if this is so then it gives purchasers of vehicles no confidence that Kia will back its product mationwide

2. If Kia Cagayan de Oro is correct what right do Kia Dipolog have to call themselves a full service centre? What damage is done to the Kia brand when people move to a area like Dipolog and can't get the same customer service they have come to expect.

3. If Dipolog is correct and there are different categories of Kia on the road, then as a consumer I will be wary of any second hand Kia that is on offer in the future and advising anyone I can to do the same.

4. Whatever the policy why are your staff so arrogant in their responses, if we have brought a car you can't repair, being helpful collects more gold stars than a sort it yourself attitude.

5. On a personal level, I am a disabled pensioner on a limited income, my vehicle is my lifeline to the outside world and despite being prepared to pay whatever you asked to get the vehicle to you I have net a two month brick wall, which has left me housebound for that period as I am unable to use taxi's or public transport.

Review about: Kia Motors Repair.

Had an Experience with Kia Motors?

Comments