2.0

Update by user Oct 30

Kia Finally approved me for reimbursement.It only took 2 years, about 50 phone calls kia consumer affairs, and 6 or 7 letters.

Most of the Kia reps that I spoke with over the two years would either get an awful attitude with me, hang up, or intentionally enter wrong contact information.

Now I'm just waiting for the $5,500 check from kia.Hopefully that won't be another 2 years....

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2015

I have a 2013 Kia Optima SXL with the 2.0 Turbo engine.At 80,000 miles the car suddenly started making a knocking noise.

At first I thought it was just the rough highway but the sound got worse. I was 50 miles away from the nearest Kia dealership. I took the car to an autozone just make sure it was still drivable. They told me that something was bad wrong and not to drive it.

I then took it to a local mechanic just to get their opinion on what was wrong with the car. After paying $70, they told me that my engine had went bad and that I needed a new one. It took a day for me to have it arranged for my car to be transported to the kia dealership in conway, AR. It took them about 20 minutes to tell me what was wrong with the car.

They said that the engine rod bearings had went bad and it was "metal to metal", I would need to replace the engine. Since we bought the car used it was not covered under the warranty. They quoted me $5,500 for the new engine. We had them order the engine.

It took over two weeks for them to finish my car. The day I got my car back I asked the service manager again, what was the cause. This time he told me it was due to the fact that I did not have a genuine KIA oil filter and there was metal in the oil. The engine lost oil pressure.

Why on earth would that have anything to do with metal in my oil?

I have read other peoples experience with the same issue with the same car. I had corporate kia start a case the day after my car did this. Kia said they would be in contact with the dealership where my was. I think kia told the service manager to lie to me about it.

I saw on the news were hyundai recalled the same exact engine in some years of the sonotas for "metallic debris that may not have been removed from the engine crankshaft during the manufacturing process. This could lead to restricted oil flow, damaging internal parts." We are out $5,570 for a engine that should have lasted at least 150,000 miles.

This was my first kia and it will be my last.Kia does not care about their customers from stories that I have read online about voided warranties for the same failure my engine had.

cpack77 wrote the review because of damaged or defective at Kia Motors and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $5570 and wants Kia Motors to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was defective engine, customer service attitude and never buy kia again. Author liked the most looks of vehicle and luxury feel. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Mitsubishi. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Kia Motors 2013 kia optima for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Kia Motors?

Comments