168 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured

I was almost killed because of engine failure!! When I first called them they said they couldnt do anything now when I call Im on hold for someone for 45 min to an hour and nobody answers. Ive tried several times

User's recommendation: Don’t buy Kia.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Kia Motors Pros: There are zero pros.

Kia Motors Cons: Poor communication.

Location: Greenville, Michigan

Explore video interviews

Comments

I've never been more disappointed and frustrated by a car service experience. I wish I could rate zero stars.

Everything about Kia Capital Service on Morse Rd. was awful. They had my Sportage for 15 business days, charged $1000 and didn't even fix the 2 issues I specifically asked for. I brought it in for a canister recall, which they should have already had the part for because I had taken it in weeks prior to make sure my vehicle qualified.

I asked for some additional items during the service. The TPMS light was acting up and theres a weird halting shudder during acceleration. It took 8 business days before they finally had any information at all. They said one TPMS sensor was bad and there was a drive shaft bearing that needed replaced.

They also pointed out that the last shop to do a tune up for me used the wrong spark plugs. I asked for it all to be fixed. It took 7 more business days for the work to be done. I picked the car up last night and the TPMS sensor light is still on and the issue during acceleration is still there.

I'm beyond frustrated with this place. They didn't call me hardly ever, I had to constantly call them, which is a horrible experience. When I would call to check on my vehicle I would be immediately placed on hold and no one would answer for anywhere between 15-40 minutes. I'd be constantly transferred back to reception, or to voicemail systems, leave messages for managers and then never be called back.

They said they would get me a loaner but they never did. I had to borrow my dad's car, my wife's car, my work vehicle and ask for rides from coworkers for weeks. I'm so irritated by the lack of accountability and quality in their service that I will never use them again and it's safe to say I'll never buy Kia again either.

Please do yourself a favor and stay away from Capital Kia. They are terrible!

I also had oil problems , I have a 2017 Kia Sorento with a 2.4 ltr engine that uses excessive oil amounts , NO WARNING LIGHT , 2 qrts low within 1200 mi. And Kia has no problem with that or keeping me hostage with the 1000 mi oil consumption test , Kia knew these engines were bad since 2012 but Still kept on selling these engines !

A customer s time means nothing to Kia motors !!!!!!!!!! I've been dealing with this more than 1 year ,and will never recommend this company to anyone!

Same. My engine shakes VIOLENTLY when cranking as if it is going to blow up but won’t turn over—-after turning it off Cranks right up as if nothing ever happens Never a check engine light On hold today for 56min only to be told by the Kia rep to crank the car before putting my kids in it!

Bottom line the engine has to kill someone, blow up, catch on fire, etc before they will replace it! So disappoint

@Jenny J Gub