2013 Kia Sorento - 41,000 miles on it.Paint begins to peel from the roof.

I have it reviewed by two Kia dealerships and one independent. All agree it is a defect (no damage or wear). Kia's Southern Region Parts and Service Manager (I am in Florida, he is in California, calling from an Arizona number) tells me sorry, the paint warranty is for 36,000 and you are over. I attempt to understand why the 5,000 mile difference matters for an application defect that everyone agrees began at production.

No explanation.

"We don't cover any paint issues after 36,000 miles." - I will never buy another Kia product and would strongly suggest no one else does.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Kia Motors. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Mitsubishi that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Kia Motors.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Kia Motors to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kia Motors?

Comments

Same problem her for a 2013 Optima.Same response from Kia as well.

I have bought 2 cars from Kia and was in the market for a Sorento.I will tell you Kia will not get another dime from me.

Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States #1352305

Same.... 2013 white sorento sx approx 44k miles. Started to bubble in one spot above windshield now is peeling all across an showing exposed metal.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1344236

I also have a sorento the paint at the roof is also peeling but i was told by kia that it would not be covered we should look at class action suit

Madison, Georgia, United States #1335889

I also, have a 2013 Kia Sorento.The paint started peeling off the roof beginning at the windshield at about 40,000 miles.

It was taken to a Kia dealer and was told it is no longer under warranty. When the service technician called Kia the person on the phone asked the service tech if it was white. So they know there is a problem with the white paint. I will not buy another Kia either.

I tried to support a car manufactured in the US.No more.

Austin, Texas, United States #1326833

I also own a 2013 Kia Sorento and the same exact thing happened, paint has chipped right at windshield on passanger side. Also was told that they wouldnt cover the paint job. Ridiculous!!!!

Dalton, Georgia, United States #1318446

I have a 2013 white KIA Sorento and am experiencing the exact same problem with the paint suddenly chipping off right above the windshield. I've taken it to the KIA dealership and was told the warranty on paint is 36,000 miles! This is clearly a problem that KIA needs to stand behind!

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1308735

We have a 2013 White Sorrento SX.The paint on the panel right right above the windshield just spontaneously cracked off all at once.

Clearly a paint defect. And it happened at a KIA car wash. It doesn't look like KIA is going to do anything about it. Goodbye KIA!

Never will buy KIA again.

I was honestly considering repeat business, not now.Southern California owner

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States #1184650

Same problem with my optima 2013, Paint chipping and dealer will not cover new paint job. Will never do business with Kia again or the dealer