1.1K views

2013 Kia Sorento - 41,000 miles on it. Paint begins to peel from the roof.

I have it reviewed by two Kia dealerships and one independent. All agree it is a defect (no damage or wear). Kia's Southern Region Parts and Service Manager (I am in Florida, he is in California, calling from an Arizona number) tells me sorry, the paint warranty is for 36,000 and you are over. I attempt to understand why the 5,000 mile difference matters for an application defect that everyone agrees began at production.

No explanation.

"We don't cover any paint issues after 36,000 miles." - I will never buy another Kia product and would strongly suggest no one else does.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Kia Motors. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Mitsubishi that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Kia Motors.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auto category for more informed decision or compare Kia Motors to other companies on our site.

Comments

#1519987

Just to add to th growing list... I have a 2016 Kia Sorento that I bought brand new.

I noticed last week that the paint is peeling on the front passenger side.

WTH? I have owned several older vehicles and never experienced such a thing.

I have a 2013 Kia Sorento and he paint around the windshield has done the same thing! I purchased the Auto Armor option that is good until 2021.

My claim to them was denied. This is outrageous and I plan to contact an attorney.

Same herePaint peeling fromRoof and front fendersService manager in Melbourne saidSorry no more warranty for that.I have owned 6 cars and suv to 200 k milesAnd never had a paint peeling issue.Garage parked and routinely washed and waxed

I have 2013 Kia Optima with 70,000 miles and the paint is peeling from the hood and the top. Dealership gave me the same answer, they cover anything over 36,000 miles.

I am beyond pissed off.

I will not buy another Kia! ~Wes in Oklahoma

Can we get in on the California class action lawsuit about the paint peeling on my white 2014 Kia Serrento? Dealer told me same thing, car is out of warranty.

The paint is peeling just above the windshield and now on the hood. I too will not buy a Kia again.

Hello to all who are experiencing paint defects with KIA automobiles that are not covered because of warranty restrictions. Perhaps someone knows an attorney who will file a class action suit.

This is the only forum I found on internet talking about this issue. Hoping someone will get the ball rolling...

I have a 2014 Sorento and I hardly drive it, I have owned it two years and in a hard rain yesterday the paint came off on my roof, right above my windshield. I have always kept my SUV in the garage as well. I am FURIOUS.

I have a 2014 White KIA Sorento and I am experiencing the same paint issue as many others.. Issue started as a small chip on the passenger side on the strip dividing the windshield...

now is almost a 1 foot space where paint is bubbling and continues to chip off... Dealer says car is out of warranty...

go pound sand! Chip started when car was in warranty..

to Mwetterholm58 #1461530

I have a 2013 KIA Optima. Noticed paint peeling on strip next to windshield driver's side.

Dealership said, "No, we won't cover it." My wife has a KIA Soul. Taylor KIA (Toledo, OH) has lost my business...

to Mwetterholm58 #1506772

I also have a 2014 White Kia Sorento bought brand new and have paint on the driver side windshield divider peeling off start as small spot now about 1 foot long. When i drive it down the road it loses more paint because it won’t stick to the primer. Also out of warranty won’t buy another Kia.

2014 Kia Sorento paint peeled off hood. Now, it's starting to peel on the roof of the car.

Very upsetting. Kia would not do a thing. Corporate was supposed to call me, according to my local dealer, they never called.

I can't wait until I can trade this car. I will never own another Kia.

I have a 2013 Kia Soul with the paint peeling off the roof right in front of windshieldNot covered I would not buy a nother Kia the paint sucks

I own a Kia Sorento 2012, white pearl color, and the paint is pilling on the front hood, roof, and mirrors.

I am 65 years old, I had different cars that I owned for 10-12 years, and never had this problem.

Very dissatisfied.

I also have a white Sorrento that is peeling around windshield and hood it it a defect in the paint job I also will.not buy another kia if this issue is not solved

My white Kia has started peeling as well. Roof, around windshield posts, and at the front of hood. I was advised by two paint and body shops to contact the dealership as this is due to a paint defect, not normal wear.

I too am having issues with the paint peeling right at the windshield on my white Sorento. The dealership was no help and I have escalated the call through 3 people now. I am looking for them to fix my car.

Do they have a class action about this problem. Im in Canada, and i have the exact same problem on my white Sorento LX 2013.

I too am experiencing peeling on the roof of my white Kia Sorento right above the windshield. Took it to a body shop to see how much it would cost and he told me the paint was defective and that he had worked on 2 others just like mine.

I also hate the head rest and the seats have no lumbar support whatsoever. I will NEVER buy another Kia.

Same problem her for a 2013 Optima. Same response from Kia as well.

I have bought 2 cars from Kia and was in the market for a Sorento. I will tell you Kia will not get another dime from me.

Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States #1352305

Same.... 2013 white sorento sx approx 44k miles. Started to bubble in one spot above windshield now is peeling all across an showing exposed metal.