Kia Motors - 2013 Kia Rio EX Bursts into flames while parked in driveway
Just bought a 2013 Rio with 28,000 miles on it on 9/2/16. The car sat in our driveway all last week because we were on vacation, so we maybe put 100 miles on it and drove it 4 times.
Drove 20 minutes round trip to the post office yesterday, parked in driveway and went back into house to work.
Wife came home from work about 10 minutes later and came running in the house saying the new car is on fire.
Called 911 and before fire department was able to get there, the flames were as high as our second floor windows. Car was parked about 10-15 feet away from house, but the heat damaged part of our house as well.
I have contacted insurance, but I really feel this is a Kia issue / problem, and we really should not have to use insurance to replace the car. This car is still under manufacturer warranty, and they need to be held accountable.
Then last night after the tow company came, we started researching this and have found many, many 2012-2014 Kia's doing this. I logged a complaint on your Kia's website, but have not got a response back yet, and yes, I feel I should get a response over the weekend. Our car burst into flames, damaged part of our house from the heat, and it could of been much worse, especially if I parked the car in the garage yesterday. Would really like to hear from Kia, or other owners that have had this problem.
It seems that with all of the google hits about Kia's catching fire, there should have been a recall on any of the models that have had this problem, and get them either fixed, or off of the road, at Kia's expense, before lives are lost because of this.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Dangerous auto
- Life threatening auto
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I want to commend KIA ALABANG for their prompt and professional service! Had my PMS in there ever since I bought my Kia Rio. A total of 3 PMS already,..."
- "Purchased 2015 Optima 5/10/2016. Few days after purchased I wanted to buy back the 2000 dodge-stratus I traded in for a $300 credit on the sale. The title was..."
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "Crackers were all broken in all 4 packs..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "Look up on internet George Doyle, Brian Ashford-selling sick-half dead pups! The pics you see are Fake! They are being sued Again! they just got over $1200 out of me...."
- "I set up an appointment for JCPenney photos and when I got there they were closed lights off and computers!! I made an appointment online got a confirmation number and..."