Old Hickory, Tennessee
2.3

Just bought a 2013 Rio with 28,000 miles on it on 9/2/16. The car sat in our driveway all last week because we were on vacation, so we maybe put 100 miles on it and drove it 4 times.

Drove 20 minutes round trip to the post office yesterday, parked in driveway and went back into house to work.

Wife came home from work about 10 minutes later and came running in the house saying the new car is on fire.

Called 911 and before fire department was able to get there, the flames were as high as our second floor windows. Car was parked about 10-15 feet away from house, but the heat damaged part of our house as well.

I have contacted insurance, but I really feel this is a Kia issue / problem, and we really should not have to use insurance to replace the car. This car is still under manufacturer warranty, and they need to be held accountable.

Then last night after the tow company came, we started researching this and have found many, many 2012-2014 Kia's doing this. I logged a complaint on your Kia's website, but have not got a response back yet, and yes, I feel I should get a response over the weekend. Our car burst into flames, damaged part of our house from the heat, and it could of been much worse, especially if I parked the car in the garage yesterday. Would really like to hear from Kia, or other owners that have had this problem.

It seems that with all of the google hits about Kia's catching fire, there should have been a recall on any of the models that have had this problem, and get them either fixed, or off of the road, at Kia's expense, before lives are lost because of this.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2013 Kia Motors Rio Car.

Reason of review: Car engulfed in flames and totaled.

Kia Motors Cons: Dangerous auto, Life threatening auto.

• 2013 Kia Rio Fire

Comments

Hello- I am writing a story this week about Kia vehicle fires and would like to get in touch with you and use your photos for television. Can you please call me at 407-521-1244 or email me at dmyrie@wkmg.com? Thank you - Donovan Myrie, Investigative Producer, WKMG-TV (Orlando)