Corinth, Texas
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

My Kia burned to the ground last Friday night in Texas, so far my insurance is going to pay for it, BUT...Kia is the responsible party.The engine was even running when the fire started.

I have lost $17534.52, and I want it back. So, I get home from Texas and there is a letter from Kia about some rod or something defective in the engine. If that rod were to break the the engine, it can start a fire...Now what Kia? I hope there is someone out there representing the customers of Kia.

I definitely want to reach out and find the Attorney (s) who are with us here. This is a huge safety issue.

And now that this has happened.I get the statistic that 2.7% of all of our Kia Optimas have this flaw.

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of 2013 kia motors optima sx car from Kia Motors and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $17534 and wants Kia Motors to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was lying finance team, defective part and incompetent salesman. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Mitsubishi. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Kia Motors for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Kia Motors?

Comments

Old Hickory, Tennessee, United States #1228020

Just had this happen to our 2013 Kia Rio.You can read my post here at this link.

After posting on this website, I posted on Kia's complaint site, Carmax site, and NHTSA site.

I did get a Kia rep to call me the next day after posting, but all I keep hearing from them is they are waiting on engineering to review.

Really nothing to review, car was parked in driveway, not running, and engine was engulfed in flames and car was totaled.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1179782

Contact Kia and report what happened, but also report it to the NHTSA at nhtsa.gov and click on the "vehicle safety" tab on top and then "vehicle safety home" to find the way to email them or get further info about this problem with your Kia. If your insurance company pays for it or if Kia pays for it, what is the reason you would contact an attorney? Grubbing for extra money is common, I know but you should be better than that.

to h.kitchener #1180253

I did report to Kia, they basically said, well, "we'll send someone to look it over".I am not grubbing for money...or anything extra.

I paid 37K for the car. I should be driving a 37K car. I have half a mind to buy it from the insurance co. and ensure that Kia fixes it.

So that I can get close to what I have invested.

And YOU should be better than that.Has your car ever burned up for something that could have already been fixed?

to Anonymous #1356472

you really pd 37K for a kia? they're many better options for that kind of money

(i bought a house once for $27k)