It started with a spot the size of a small pea and now my paint is chipping and peeling off of my car everywhere. Kia is well aware of the problem but refuses to do anything about it.

My car only has 70k miles and if I get on the interstate, the paint chipping just gets worse and worse. It is peeling off all the way down to the grey primer. There are no dents or scratches. The paint is just literally flying off of the car.

Kia needs to make this right but refuses because it started just outside their 3/36k warranty. I would understand the warranty if it weren't so obviously a paint defect.

I still have 3 years to pay on this car and it looks like a 20 year old car. There is a class action lawsuit in California because of all of the complaints on paint with the Kia and Hyndai from 2010 to 2014.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2013 Kia Motors Optima Sx Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Manner in which kia handles warranty issues, Lack of honesty, Dont admit the paint is a manufacturer defect.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 15.

Comments

I have a 2014 White Kia Sorento and my paint is peeling off. I have noticed MANY similar complaints ...

it seems mostly white Kia's.

I have reported my issue to Kia last week as of this writing no resolve. I will update soon.

to Sharambrose #1544418

I have the same exact year with white paint and mine just stared peeling as well

I have a 2013 Kia Optima, great car except for the fact that the paint is peeling of in large sections all over the car. Called Kia, short answer from Kia, tough luck. Never a Kia again.

I have the same problem. I always had my car hand washed.

Never did I wash my car myself always left it to the professional.

I have paint defect on the roof. No dents or chips but the paint is just flaking off

to Maribel #1505158

Apparently a lot of people who own the pearl white kia optima's are having this problem. Kia is aware of it but refuses to do anything.

Luckily, I bought the car from an honest car dealer instead of Kia and they paid half of what it cost me to have my entire car repainted. I had only owned the car 1 year when this started but the car was a 2013 so Kia wouldn't do anything. Mine had almost 50k miles when the paint started flying off the car and Kia only warranties for 3 years/30k miles (which is insane).

Most people drive 30k miles in 2 years so that tells me they are well aware that their paint is garbage. Good luck but repainting your car is really your only option because it will get MUCH WORSE!